"Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9


Tuesday, April 23, 2013

She sold his hair for fifty cents

Okay Mom, sorry about last week but I have a bit more time now.  I had thought that my headaches were just normal before I left.  I did tell you I was having headaches a few times. I didn't think they were a big deal though and I don't want you to worry.  The mission President sent me to an eye doctor because I told him the headaches were causing vision problems. (The eyes aren't the cause of his headaches but he said he was lucky he went because the doctor did find he had a) case of conjunctivitis starting up... Cause that's how things are going hahaha. Anyway, the doctor seemed to understand my problem and said that I need to have my right eye covered for 6 hours a day for 30 days. I've started that treatment now that the conjunctivitis is gone, and I have 27 days left. However, he said that I need to see a neurologist. Also, he said I need to speak to an ear doctor, and I'm still waiting for that appointment.  Yesterday and all day today I've felt light-headed and sort of feel like I'm going to pass out. I tried to call the president, but he didn't answer. I'll try again later, but it's not fun.  Anyway, I'm sure I'll be fine. I just need people to call back haha.
 
That's really awesome about your temple walk Mom! I'm so glad you had a good time and that the girls enjoyed it!   Sister Martha is pretty great.  (She is a member that friended me on Facebook and has sent me several pictures of Michael this last week).  We ate ate at her house again last night, and she took some more pictures. She loves her camera.
 
I don't need anything mom, and I don't think you need to send me anything. I still haven't received my Easter package, however.  I recently received 5 letters from grandma and 1 from Brooklyn!  I was so happy.  I'm going to write them back as soon as I can, but I can only send letters every few weeks.
 
Also, I can't call both you and Dad on Mother's Day.  My Mission President said, "It's Mother's Day." (but in Spanish),  so if you guys could be together, that would be great.

I forgot to tell you the follow up story to the little girl that stole my hair! I saw her again, and asked what she did with it. She said she sold it for 50 cents. Which isn't bad considering I'm in Ecuador. She then proceeded to try to steal more hair.  I was going to send you some pictures of the iguana park for Regan, but I can't do it on this computer.
 
Sorry mom, I'll send them before long.
Love you all, miss you all, and know that I'm happy,
Michael

3 comments:

  1. Tell Michael to tell his Mission President that fathers have long held their peace about no calls on Fathers Day...but this just takes it too, too far. His Mission President needs to re-read the Proclamation on the Family and then get off his high horse. (I'm totally - kind of kidding here.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Don - totally not right. That's okay, Mike will come here so we can both talk to Michael. I'm going to write the mission president anyways. I'm less concerned with the phone call than with his health at this point. I didn't even post last week's letter. It was more of this. It's just been going on for too long now and my Mama Bear is coming out.

    ReplyDelete