"Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9


Tuesday, June 25, 2013

This week alone we taught 47 lessons...




(I’m posting the letter Michael wrote to his Dad this week but he did say a couple of things in my letter that I wanted to add -   He said he has four baptismal dates this coming week “and we have a ton of people we are working with and we are getting a lot done”.  He said he’d heard about the church broadcast saying that missionaries would be able to start using the internet, including Facebook to do missionary work but he wasn’t able to watch it, “I have no idea how we’re going to do it.  I imagine that we’ll make a Facebook here for the mission, but they haven’t said anything yet.”  And he also responded to me telling him that his cousin Alexa had broken a couple of fingers while playing kickball in the Provo MTC.  She had surgery to put a couple of pins in and she will either be sent home for a few months to get medical attention or to another stateside mission until she is well enough to go to Peru.  “I had no idea that Alexa broke her fingers! Is she okay? That's so terrible. The MTC is a dangerous place. Everyone gets hurt. I haven't been able to talk to her, but you should let her know I love her and am praying for her”.

Hey Dad!

So, I'm really glad you're having a good time (and that) Disneyland Paris was cool.  I remember how incredibly sweet all those places were, especially the Louvre. I loved that more than anything I think.  I’m really glad that you're with Kelsey again. Two months is too long for you to not have much access to either of your kids.

I’m having a good time here. I really like my new companion. He's great. We're teaching lots.  This last week alone we taught 47 lessons, which is a lot.  My zone leaders didn't believe it when I first reported the number.

So, some cool things; I think in nearly all Spanish now, or hardcore Spanglish. I'm not going to lie, writing this is English is getting more and more difficult.  I'm saying it in my head in Spanish first, and I have to translate it.

Anyway, please don't worry about my health. They are taking good care of me, and the facilities are pretty nice. I am going to have my doctor's appointment today, and we'll let you know what's going on. They're doing everything they can to help me.  I'm going to be just fine. We won't do anything serious without talking to you, so we can all chilax.

Love you Dad!!
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment