"Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9


Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I can understand almost everything everyone says at this point...

Hey everybody!

How are you all?  I miss you a lot but I like it here.  It's actually pretty awesome and I like nearly everyone here.  I want to know what's going on at home!  I know I've only been gone for almost two weeks but I already feel like I'm missing everything so keep me updated.

There's not too much to tell you about, except that they sent me out tracking around Lima.  It was amazing.  They put every North Americana with a Latino companion so we could communicate.  My companion was Elder ______.  He speaks absolutely no English, but that didn't matter.  I could speak to him, and I could say enough to the people, and I can understand most everything everyone says at this point.  It's just responding well enough that is difficult. 

Anyway, my first time tracking was a tremendous success.  We handed out both Libros de Mormons that we had, and all of the pamphlets we were given.  We taught five lessons, got four referrals and my companion made a lady cry with his testimony.  I really enjoyed it and I get to do it again in two weeks.

I suppose I could tell you an embarrassing story as well from Friday.  Every so often, they bring a group of members on a tour through the MTC.  The best part of this is that if they run into any white missionaries, the tour guide stops us, and they all whip out their cameras and take pictures of us while the tour guide questions us in Spanish.  Well, we were playing soccer (like we do everyday), when a group came out that I had already been questioned by, so we just kept playing while they gathered around to watch and take pictures.  Being the opportunist I am, as soon as I had the chance to make a goal, I seized it.  I was three feet from the goal, and I had the ball.  I kicked as hard as I could and instead of going in, the ball shot fifty feet straight up.  I was so ashamed.  It's all good though.  Everyone laughed and we went back to playing.

I hope you are all doing well!  Make sure to keep me posted.  And Regan, Happy Early Birthday!!!  I can't send you anything now but I'll try once I get out of the MTC.  I love you so much sweet girl!  Matthew, since Regan can pretty much date now, you have my permission to beat up any and all boys that look at her.

Mom, you are wonderful!! I won't be able to send actual letters until next Monday but know that I love you!

Love,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment