"Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9


Monday, May 20, 2013

Mom, we are so blessed...

 
Hey Mom,
 
So you wanted to know about my head ... it's still large (hahaha)   I just finished the treatment with the eye patch and medicine.  I don't know anything else as of now. I will have my appointment this week with the doctor, and then I will call President. I still feel the same, but don't worry too much. I'll get things handled :)
 
I received your envelope today with Dallin's, Eric's and Briana's blogs and the questions from Mrs. Jordan-Hick's class.  I will try to respond to all them this next week. I also got two more Dear Elders from Grandma and Brooklyn. Tell Grandma that I'm going to try to write her this next week and that I love her letters. Tell Brooklyn I'll write her too and I loved getting her letter.  (Michael can only write letters sent by regular mail every other week because he has to travel an hour to a place where he can mail them and it's another hour home.  THANKS FOR WRITING HIM).
 
Mom, we are so blessed.  You've never seen poverty until you walk around this city. I feel bad when the people ask me if I'm rich (which is pretty often) because I am.  (I ask Michael about Marthita, a woman who friended me on Facebook who sends me pictures of Michael and ask if she had an address where I could send something.  He just said it would be tough to send her anything...)   The address would be a bit rough. She lives on a mountain in a bamboo house like all the other houses there.  They don't have real addresses.      
 
I'm so glad Kelsey is having a good time! I hope she has the time of her life, and that Dad has so much fun when he goes over!
 
I don't have time for a story but I'll send one next week. We have about 7 people with baptismal dates and I'll let you know what happens.
 
Anyway mom, I love you so incredibly much. You are wonderful! I'll talk to you next week!

Love you Mom!!!
Michael
 
                               The pictures are of some favellas in the middle of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment